1/1 Photo of Hazelnut Macaroons
These traditional German cookies are very easy to make and taste delicious. They are also rather light for a cookie, so you can enjoy a few more. ;) If you feel like it, try out other nuts in place of hazelnuts or maybe grated coconut.
My Private Note
large c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a tall bowl beat egg whites with the pinch of salt until nearly stiff (soft peaks).
- 2Add the sugar in a steady stream while continuing to beat. Beat until thick and glossy.
- 3Fold in the ground nuts using a rubber spatula or a tabelspoon.
- 4Drop macaroons by tbs onto a paper-lined cookie sheet leaving some space in between as they will spread.
- 5Bake in the preheated oven at 150°C/300°F for about 20 minutes or until set, but still softish in the centre.
- 6Leave on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 7Enjoy! :).
- 8Note: These cookies keep some 2-3 weeks in cookie tins, but they will harden over time and then turn soft again.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hazelnut Macaroons
Serving Size: 1 (280 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 75.6
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 17.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 1.6 g