1/1 Photo of Hazelnut Macaroons
These traditional German cookies are very easy to make and taste delicious. They are also rather light for a cookie, so you can enjoy a few more. ;) If you feel like it, try out other nuts in place of hazelnuts or maybe grated coconut.
My Private Note
large c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a tall bowl beat egg whites with the pinch of salt until nearly stiff (soft peaks).
- 2Add the sugar in a steady stream while continuing to beat. Beat until thick and glossy.
- 3Fold in the ground nuts using a rubber spatula or a tabelspoon.
- 4Drop macaroons by tbs onto a paper-lined cookie sheet leaving some space in between as they will spread.
- 5Bake in the preheated oven at 150°C/300°F for about 20 minutes or until set, but still softish in the centre.
- 6Leave on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 7Enjoy! :).
- 8Note: These cookies keep some 2-3 weeks in cookie tins, but they will harden over time and then turn soft again.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hazelnut Macaroons
Serving Size: 1 (280 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 75.6
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 17.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 1.6 g