Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from Everyday Food. I haven't tried them yet, but I definitely will! 16 tablespoons of butter is two sticks.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 16 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 2 cups hazelnuts, skins removed and coarsely chopped (about 10 oz)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer, beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Beat in espresso powder.
- With mixer on low speed, beat in flour mxture until incorporated. Stir in hazelnuts.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of dough onto three baking sheets, 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake until golden, about 12 minutes. Cool cookies on sheets 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve, or store in an airtight container up to 3 days.