Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is an adopted recipe. (Can be used for OAMC see notes at the end of recipe)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef, Ground
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 onion, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 green pepper, bite sized chunks
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄4 cups pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- Blend together beef, eggs, 1 t cornstarch, onion, pepper, nutmeg, salt, and garlic.
- Form into 1-inch balls.
- Heat oil in skillet; brown meatballs on all sides, or bake in oven until browned.
- In large saucepan add remaining cornstarch, soy sauce, vinegar, water, and brown sugar to pineapple juice.
- Cook until thickened; stir constantly.
- Add meatballs, fruit, and peppers.
- Cook 5 minutes or until fruit is well heated.
- For OAMC: make meatballs as directed and flash freeze. Transfer to a ziploc bag, label and put back into freezer. To serve prepare sauce as directed and add defrosted meatballs and heat through.
I tried this recipe and it was everything I hoped for!
I used canned pineapple instead of fresh but otherwise followed the recipe.
These were quite yummy! We just used store-bought meatballs and red peppers instread of green, and this was tasty! The sweet sauce tasted great over rice!