Recipe by Lorac
A refreshing change from tomato based salsas. For a great flavor combination try this with mesquite grilled foods especially shrimp. From Sam Choys "Island Flavors"
Top Review by Crunchy Numbers
Fantastic salsa! I measured everything and followed the recipe exactly and it turned out great. Next time I will taste before adding the sugar, as it might be sweet enough without it. Also, I will experiment with adding the jalapeno seeds or red chili flakes for more heat. Great recipe, exactly what I was looking for.
- 2 cups chopped fresh mango
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 hot chili pepper, seeded and minced
- salt and pepper