Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Delicious cookies with lots of fiber. This chocolate chip cookie recipe was given to me by a friend in Hawaii. I've modified it so one can add ones favorite nuts.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup banana
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup additional banana
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup macadamia nuts (or walnuts) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix butter, sugar + 1/2 cup banana. Add 1 egg and 1 tsp vanilla and mix together.
- Add the dry ingredients (I like to puree the oats so the cookies aren't so chewy) mixing slowly. Add the rest of the banana if the batter is too dry.
- Fold in as many chocolate chips (1+ cups) as you want and the optional nuts.
- Spoon about 1 tbsp of batter on a greased (or wax paper covered) baking sheet, about 1-1.5" apart.
- Bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes.