Blue-Ribbon Chocolate Chip Cookies
photo by Thorsten
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix well with wire whisk.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer blend brown and white sugar at medium speed.
- Add butter and mix to form a grainy paste, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract, and mix at medium speed until just blended.
- DO NOT OVERMIX!
- Add the flour mixture and chocolate chips, and blend at low speed until just mixed.
- DO NOT OVERMIX!
- Drop by rounded Tablespoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake 22-24 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer cookies immediately to a cool surface with a spatula.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Ugh. I keep searching for a great chocolate chip cookie recipe and I thought this might be the one. Nope. Don't need to bake anywhere close to 22-24 minutes, unless you like very brown (burned) cookies. Granted, I don't have a 'normal' oven, but for mine, 10 minutes gave me a soft, chewy cookie. If only the taste was as good as they looked.
I’m shocked at the bad reviews. I’ve been making these chocolate chip cookies since I was a little kid from Mrs. Field’s cookbook, and they’ve always been my favorite. Every single time I’ve made these for people, they go crazy for them. I’ve been told countless times that these are the best chocolate chip cookies they’ve ever had.
I will refrain from rating only because after I had made the dough to a T I discovered all I had was vanilla chips! That was the only thing different, but the dough itself was not all that yummy when cooked, and a different flavored chip doesn't alter that very much. But anyway, the little 3 and 5 year olds we were visiting really liked them! Thanks. :)
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in to Jacksonville, FL with my husband, 2 daughters (17 and 11), 4 cats, and 2 dogs. My favorite things to make are cookies/bars and pound cakes. I have had a great time cooking since discovering Recipezaar January 2002. This is a picture of my youngest cat, Lily. She is my sweet sweet little baby.