Recipe by MizzNezz
The marinade is the key to these great kabobs. They only need 1 hour in the refrigerator to marinate.
Top Review by Cindy A
My family loved it! The chicken was very moist and flavorful. I added a small red potatoe and zucchini to the skewer. It was a complete meal. I definately will make this again. Can't wait.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 large green pepper, 1 inch pieces
- 12 medium mushrooms
- 18 cherry tomatoes
- hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Put chicken in large shallow dish.
- Drain pineapple, keep 1/2 cup juice.
- Set pineapple aside.
- Mix juice with the next 7 ingredients in small pan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Remove chicken from marinade, reserve marinade.
- Alternate chicken, pineapple, green pepper, mushrooms, and tomatoes on skewers.
- Grill kabobs over hot coals 20 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Turn and baste frequently with marinade.
- Serve over hot rice.