- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 (3/4 lb) bag frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed (they're usually called Southern-style)
- 8 egg substitute (2 cups substitute)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 slices reduced-fat American cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet coated with non-stick cooking spray, saute onions and green pepper.
- Add potatoes and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Beat thoroughly in a bowl the egg substitute, water and pepper.
- Pour over vegetables in skillet.
- As egg sets, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath.
- Just before eggs are completely set, place cheese slices over half of the omelet.
- Fold in half and transfer to a warm serving platter.