Makes 1 - 3 quart casserole " Cheesy and delicious, this hash brown casserole has a crunchy topping. "
- 1 (2 lb) package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups crushed corn flakes cereal
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine hash browns, 1/2 cup melted butter, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, chopped onion, Cheddar cheese, salt and pepper.
- Place mixture in a 3 quart casserole dish.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, saute cornflakes in 1/4 cup melted butter, and sprinkle the mixture over the top of the casserole.
- Bake covered in preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- To freeze: Assemble casserole. Wrap tightly with foil and freeze.
- To serve: Thaw in fridge overnight. Bake as directed.
I omitted the corn flakes...yuck. Turned out great! Thanks for sharing this!
DH and DS gobbled up this casserole. The texture was creamy and the the topping added a nice contrast. The flavor was wonderful with the cheese and onion flavors dominating. I'll be making this again.
DH and I loved this recipe. I always look for recipe that I can make from supplies I have on hand. This was just the recipe. Loved the crunch on top. Will definately make again.