Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This easy quiche would be great served with fresh fruit for brunch or lunch. The recipe calls for ham, but it works well without for a simple vegetarian entree.
- 3 cups frozen hash brown potatoes (shredded type)
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup cooked ham, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (4 oz.)
- 1⁄4 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno chile, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Pat the potatoes over the bottom and up sides of an ungreased 9-inch pie plate. Drizzle butter over potatoes, and pat securely in place.
- Bake 25 minutes. Reduce oven temp to 350.
- Layer ham (if using), cheese, bell pepper, onion, and jalapeno over the baked crust.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper in a bowl until blended, and pour over prepared layers.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.