Recipe by Cinnamon Turtle
This easy quiche would be great served with fresh fruit for brunch or lunch. The recipe calls for ham, but it works well without for a simple vegetarian entree.
- 3 cups frozen hash brown potatoes (shredded type)
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup cooked ham, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (4 oz.)
- 1⁄4 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno chile, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Pat the potatoes over the bottom and up sides of an ungreased 9-inch pie plate. Drizzle butter over potatoes, and pat securely in place.
- Bake 25 minutes. Reduce oven temp to 350.
- Layer ham (if using), cheese, bell pepper, onion, and jalapeno over the baked crust.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper in a bowl until blended, and pour over prepared layers.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.