Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Very tasty side dish, hash browns are not only a breakfast potato ;
- 2 lbs hash browns, frozen
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cream of chicken soup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups corn flakes, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- In large bowl, separate frozen hash browns.
- Melt butter and pour over potatoes.
- In another bowl, mix together sour cream, onion, cheese, soup, salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture over potatoes and mix well.
- Pour into 9x13” pan.
- Mix together crushed cornflakes and melted butter and spread over hash brown mixture.
- Bake at 350 degree Fahrenheit for 1 hour.
Classic Recipe! DS really enjoyed this side dish! This reminds me of numerous family reunions and holidays. (also of stopping at Cracker Barrel for breakfast on the way to a football game!!). Made for Photo tag.