Recipe by queenbeatrice
Very tasty side dish, hash browns are not only a breakfast potato ;
Top Review by breezermom
Classic Recipe! DS really enjoyed this side dish! This reminds me of numerous family reunions and holidays. (also of stopping at Cracker Barrel for breakfast on the way to a football game!!). Made for Photo tag.
- 2 lbs hash browns, frozen
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cream of chicken soup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups corn flakes, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, separate frozen hash browns.
- Melt butter and pour over potatoes.
- In another bowl, mix together sour cream, onion, cheese, soup, salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture over potatoes and mix well.
- Pour into 9x13” pan.
- Mix together crushed cornflakes and melted butter and spread over hash brown mixture.
- Bake at 350 degree Fahrenheit for 1 hour.