The Best Hash Brown Casserole
photo by MaMoms
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 2 lbs frozen southern style hash brown potatoes
- 8 ounces shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) can campbell's cream of chicken and mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 large onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons Oscar Mayer real bacon bits
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper
- 1. Mix all ingredients together in large bowl.
- 2. Place in greased 9x13 glass dish.
- 3. Bake at 350 for an hour or until center is bubbly and top is slightly brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made half the recipe and didn't add the bacon bits, planning to serve eggs and bacon on the side. When it came out of the oven (smelling fabulous) my husband asked me to add the bacon and eggs to it. So I chopped up 8 pieces of bacon, sprinkled on top, then dumped 9 scrambled eggs (w/ about 1/4 c. milk) on top and coated with cheese. I stuck it back in the oven for about 15 more minutes and finished it off with a broiler to brown (didn't want to dry it out since the original version was fully cooked). It got rave reviews!