Prep 20 mins
Cook 14 mins
My favorite season is autumn and these are just a yummy addition to the season!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup butter flavor shortening (recommended ( Crisco)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 4 eggs (or 1 cup egg substitute)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup applesauce
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch allspice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 5 cups oatmeal, ground in a food processor
- 3 cups dried sweetened cranberries
- 2 cups pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, cream the butter, shortening, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until smooth.
- Add the eggs one at a time until blended.
- Add vanilla and applesauce until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg and oats. Add to butter mixture and mix well.
- With a rubber spatula, fold in the cranberries and pecans.
- Scoop with 2 1/2-inch ice cream scoop onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Place the dough balls 2 inches apart and bake for 12 to 14 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack and cool.
Freezes very well, I added chopped apple to it. Makes a lot of cookies!! Everyone loved them!