Recipe by Wheels1
A hearty vegetable soup sure to warm you up on a cold day.
Top Review by packeyes
This soup made A LOT! It took much longer than 20 min. prep, it was closer to an hour to get all the veggies cut up. I added 5 chopped potatoes and some chopped carrots when I added the ears of corn. Instead of pureeing the soup at the end I left it chunky and broke down all the tomatoes with 2 forks ( they squirted out, be careful if you choose to do those). Overall, a very good cold day soup! I will make it again next winter!
- 4 yellow squash, diced
- 1 (16 ounce) container grape tomatoes
- 1 large yellow onions or 1 large white onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow sweet bell pepper, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and diced
- 3 ears corn, husked and washed
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 -2 teaspoon garlic, you can always add more if needed
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- heat oil in 2 quart stock pot medium heat.
- add diced onions and peppers and sautee.
- add squash and eggplant cook until tender.
- add vegetable stock and ears of corn.
- add all spices and stir.
- bring to boil and simmer until corn is tender stirring occasionally.
- take corn out and cut corn off cobs.
- return corn to pot and add tomatoes.
- continue to simmer until tomatoes break down and are soft. about 15-20 minutes.
- turn off heat let cool for 15 minutes and puree in food proccessor.
- you can puree soup in the pot using a hand mixer until smooth. This is what I do.
- This is a favorite in my family. My teenage boys beg me for this soup when it gets cold!