This recipe was featured in an email that I received this morning from Hershey's and the picture looks incredible! Visit www.hersheys.com to see for yourselves.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 375Â°F. Line 15-1/2x10-1/2x1-inch jelly roll pan with foil; generously grease foil.
- 2Beat egg yolks in large bowl on medium speed 3 minutes; gradually add 1/2 cup sugar, beating 2 additional minutes. Stir together flour, cocoa, 1/4 cup sugar, baking soda and salt; add to egg yolk mixture alternately with water, beating on low speed just until batter is smooth. Stir in vanilla; set aside.
- 3Beat egg whites in medium bowl until soft peaks form; gradually add remaining 1 tablespoon sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Gradually fold beaten egg whites into chocolate mixture until well blended. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan.
- 4Bake 14 to 16 minutes or until top springs back when touched lightly. Immediately loosen cake from edges of pan; invert onto clean, slightly dampened towel. Carefully peel off foil. Cool completely.
- 5Meanwhile, prepare PUMPKIN FILLING. Cut cake crosswise into four equal pieces. Place one piece on serving plate; spread about 3/4 cup filling over top. Repeat layering with remaining cake and filling, ending with cake layer. Spread CHOCOLATE GLAZE over top; garnish with almonds, if desired. Refrigerate until serving time. Refrigerate leftover torte. 8 to 10 servings.
- 6PUMPKIN FILLING
- 71 cup canned pumpkin.
- 81/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 91/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 103 tablespoons shortening
- 111 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 121/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 131-3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 14Combine pumpkin and flour in small saucepan; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils (mixture will be very thick). Remove from heat; set aside. Cool completely.
- 15Beat butter and shortening in small bowl until creamy; add spices. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Slowly blend in pumpkin mixture. Refrigerate until mixture ready to use. About 2-1/4 cups filling.
- 16CHOCOLATE GLAZE.
- 171 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 182 tablespoons HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 191 tablespoon water
- 201/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 212/3 cup powdered sugar
- 22Melt butter in small saucepan over low heat; add cocoa and water. Cook, stiring constantly, until mixture thickens; do not boil. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating with whisk until smooth and thickened.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Harvest Pumpkin Torte
Serving Size: 1 (22 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 51.1
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 35.2 mg
- Sodium 62.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 1.5 g