Prep 40 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a great Autumn recipe. Sausage,Apples,Onions, and Dried Cranberries. mmmmmmm!
- 1 lb sage pork sausage or 1 lb sage turkey sausage
- 1 large apple, chopped (use what ever kind you prefer)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 cups dried cornbread, unseasoned (you can use boxed variety,or find this in the bakery section during the fall or winter seasons,or ch)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups hot water
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 large beaten egg
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet put heat on med low,add in your olive oil, chopped onion,apple,garlic,and dried cranberries.Cook for about 5-8 minutes. Add in your sausage,and brown.
- Next add in your chicken broth,and pepper,rosemary,parsley,and tyme. Cook about 3 minutes. Set aside,and get a large mixing bowl. Add your cornbread into the large mixing bowl,and your water. Mix well.Next add in your Sausage Mixture,and beaten egg. When everything is incorperated well, stuff your turkey and cook suggested time on your turkey.
- Or place into greased 9x11 glass pan, or any large pan you see fit to use. And bake at 350.
- 30-45 minutes,or until its to your liking, some people like softer stuffing, and some like it on the dry side.