Recipe by pattikay in L.A.
From the Border Cookbook, posted for ZWT 3, Mexico.
Top Review by 2Bleu
Buddha says this is a dish his aunt makes called Mexican corn bread. I can't say as I have never had hers, but I can say that this recipe is yummy. simple and quick to put together. Thanks for posting. :)
- 709.77 ml corn kernels
- 236.59 ml cornmeal
- 113.39 g mild cheddar cheese, grated
- 113.39 g goat cheese (or cream cheese, room temp)
- 118.29 ml butter, melted
- 118.29 ml mild green chili, chopped and roasted
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 3.69 ml salt
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 0.59 ml cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 354.88 ml buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 350. grease a medium baking dish.
- in a food processor or blender, puree 2 cups of the corn. transfer the pureed corn and the remaining kernels to a large mixing bowl.
- mix in remaining ingredients. pour the batter into the prepared dish.
- bake the pudding for 50-55 minutes, till lightly browned and just firm.
- serve warm.