Recipe by chia
this is from bon appetit and it's a wonderful side dish
Top Review by Sue Lau
Wonderful flavor! I did have to adjust this recipe since I was using a 16 ounce bag frozen haricots verts. I steamed those, and used just about half the amounts of the other ingredients. I especially like the flavor of the goat cheese with the flavor of the vinaigrette. Not too sweet, but just a hint of it with the dried cranberries. Very good! Thanks for posting.
- 3 lbs French haricots vert or 3 lbs thin green beans
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, sliced into thin strips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped shallot
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- salt, pepper
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- cook beans in a pot of boiling water until crisp tender, about 5 minutes.
- drain, rinse with cold water, pat dry.
- cook bacon in a skillet until crispy, transfer to paper towels to drain.
- add shallots and garlic to drippings in skillet, saute until softened, 3-5 minutes.
- add vinegar, mustard and dry mustard.
- whisk in oil, season with salt& pepper.
- toss beans with dressing, sprinkle with cheese, bacon, dried cranberries.