Grilled Tomato, Basil, and Goat Cheese Sandwiches
I love bruschetta and this sounds great! From Bon Appetit.
- Ready In:
- 16 ounces French baguettes
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 8 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped mixed fresh herbs (such as tarragon, thyme, and rosemary)
- 3⁄4 cup soft fresh goat cheese (plain, peppered, or herbed)
- 4 large plum tomatoes, thinly sliced into rounds
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pitted mediterranean olives
- Prepare barbecue (medium heat).
- Cut baguette crosswise in half.
- Cut each half lengthwise in half to form 4 pieces total.
- Combine oil, garlic, and herbs in small bowl.
- Brush all cut sides of bread with half of oil mixture.
- Grill bread, cut sides down, until lightly toasted, about 1 minute.
- Remove from grill.
- Quickly spread cut sides of toast with goat cheese.
- Top with tomatoes and olives, dividing equally.
- Drizzle remaining oil mixture on top.
- Return open-face sandwiches to grill.
- Cook until bottom sides are toasted, cheese melts, and tomatoes begin to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Cut each sandwich diagonally in half and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Great sandwich though I did diverse a little on how I made it. I used thickly sliced sourdough and grilled/broiled it on one side and then lathered the herb/oil mix (definately be using this mix to make herb/garlic bread in future. I used oregano) on the untoasted side and grilled/broiled it and then topped it with the goats cheese and tomatoe slices and a sprinkle of pepper (don't care for olives that much) and had a very enjoyable lunch, thank you lazyme for posting, made for Went to Market tag game.