Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I started making this in college when the dining hall food just didn't satisfy. I call it "Hands-Off" because whenever I make it, nobody can keep their hands off of it, including me! (Note: for reduced fat recipe, use low fat sour cream and skim milk)
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and sqeezed dry
- 2 packages dry alfredo sauce mix
- 2 cups milk
- 6 -8 cloves garlic, minced
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- tortilla chips
- 1 can water-packed artichoke hearts, drained and chopped (optional)
- 1 -2 roma tomato, diced (for garnishing) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Prepare alfredo sauce mix in saucepan using only 2 cups milk (do not follow package directions).
- Continually whisk sauce until thickened.
- Put spinach in 9x13 baking dish.
- Add sour cream and garlic to spinach.
- Optional: Add chopped artichokes to baking dish.
- Pour alfredo sauce over spinach mixture and stir everything together.
- Bake in oven 20-25 minutes.
- Garnish with diced tomatoes, if desired, and serve with tortilla chips.