Recipe by YummySmellsca
So named because they've got a handful of each addition, and they fit perfectly in your palm!
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1⁄3 cup hot water
- 1 cup unsweetened soymilk, warmed
- 1⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup all-bran cereal, original cereal twigs
- 1⁄2 cup crunchy flake cereal (like Kelloggs Vector)
- 3 tablespoons applesauce
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1⁄2 cup oat flour
- 1⁄2 cup kamut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small parsnip, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup currants
- 5 dried figs, diced
- 1⁄3 cup diced dried apricot
- 1⁄4 cup dried cherries
- 1⁄4 cup pumpkin seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F and grease or line 16 muffin cups.
- In a bowl, whisk together flaxseed and hot water. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Add the warmed soy milk, oats, All Bran, Vector, applesauce, oil, honey, sugar and vanilla. Let stand 10 minutes.
- In another bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder, nutmeg and salt.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the cereal mixture just to moisten, then add the parsnip, currants, figs, apricots, cherries and pumpkin seeds.
- Portion into the tins (I use an ice-cream scoop for even portions).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean.