Prep 45 mins
Cook 28 mins
From Taste of the South Magazine
Make and share this Hand Held German Chocolate Pecan Pies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 (4 ounce) bar German sweet chocolate
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1.5 (15 ounce) packages refrigerated pie crusts, 3 sheets
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, melted butter, eggs and pecans.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat.
- Add chocolate, coconut, and vanilla, stirring until chocolate melts.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll 1 piecrust. Cut into rounds, using a 4 1/2-inch cutter and rerolling dough as needed. Repeat procedure with remaining piecrusts.
- Preheat oven to 400*. Lightly grease two baking sheets; set aside.
- Place 1 piecrust round on a clean, flat surface. Lightly brush edges of crust with beaten egg yolk.
- Place 1 heaping tablespoon chocolate mixture in center of piecrust round.
- Fold dough over filling, crimping edges with a fork to seal.
- Repeat with remaining piecrust rounds and chocolate mixture.
- Place pies on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until lightly browned.