Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a family heirloom from the in-laws. It's taken a long time to get it 'right' because few family members want to share how its made. It is quick, easy, and has a strong oyster flavor.
- Crumble crackers into large bowl. Do not crush or you will end up with an icky mush.
- Mash oysters into a paste, keep the water. Mix the oysters, their water, the broth, and the sage together.
- Toss the onion, celery and crumbled crackers together.
- combine the wet and dry together and let stand for at least 30 minutes. (can be kept covered in refrigerator for up to two days)
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until golden brown, or use in bird like a bread stuffing. Just note that it will add a strong sage/oyster flavor to the bird.