Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Family friend, great vegetable soup.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups V8 vegetable juice or 3 cups spicy hot V8
- 1 can beef broth
- 1 lb peeled potato, cubed (3-4)
- 3 carrots, 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 stalks celery, 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 can pinto beans or 1 can navy beans or 1 can garbanzo beans (optional)
- In a large saucepan, cook beef and onions until brown, drain fat.
- Stir in juice, broth,potato, carrots, celery,and beans.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, simmer, coverd for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
I thought it was kind of bland, but after I did some adjustment, I made it where it is now a monthly dinner. I added 8oz tomato paste,1/4 cup worchestieeriererr sauce, and a 1/4 cup light brown sugar. I also added some green beans and corn to the mix. Sorry but do this and you will see WOW!
Good soup, but I added some Worcestershire sauce like rennug suggested and it really made a difference, as well as some salt. I used spicy V8 and really liked the little kick it added. Didn't love it, but good filling soup, would make it again.
I love this soup. Very filling. The only change I would do is to add salt to it.