- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground pork
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, cut up
- 0.5 (9 ounce) package frozen lima beans
- 1⁄2 cup chopped peeled potatoes or 1⁄2 cup loose-pack frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 medium carrot, cut into julienne strips (1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven cook ground beef or pork, onion, and green pepper until meat is brown and onion is tender. Drain fat from pan.
- Stir in beef broth, corn, undrained tomatoes, lima beans, potato, carrot, basil, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, and bay leaf. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Discard bay leaf.
- If desired, top each serving with 1/4 cup Cracker Mix.