Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is one of my wife's long time recipes.
- 1 lb lean chili-style beef
- 1⁄2 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb sliced cleaned fresh mushrooms
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles, cooked according to package directions (best if cooked al dente!)
- In a large skillet oven medium-high heat, cook beef and onion in butter until lightly browned.
- Stir in mushrooms, garlic, salt, and pepper, and cook until mushrooms just begin to soften.
- Drain any excess grease.
- Reduce heat to medium, add flour, and continue cooking for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in soups, and simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes, stirring regularly, until mixture just begins to bubble.
- Reduce heat to low, and stir in sour cream until mixture is well blended.
- Do not allow to return to a boil after sour cream has been added!
- Serve over noodles.