Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A down home comfort food!
Make and share this Hamburger Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 -2 onion, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 dash parsley
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 8 tablespoons pearl barley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 (10 ounce) cans consomme or 2 beef bouillon cubes, mixed with 2 cups of water
- salt and pepper
- Brown meat and onions.
- Drain well.
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot.
- Cook at least 2 hours or use a crockpot and cook up to 8 hours.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.
- This soup freezes well.
This is truly a delicious soup! I have made it with fresh tomatoes from the garden and this too is exceptional. Wonderful soup for those cold fall and winter days. A keeper!!
Instead of four cups of water, I dropped the tomato soup, added 1small can of tomato paste 21/2 cups tomato juice 2 cups water with buillion. THIS IS A GREAT SOUP!! As with most crockpot dishes EASY and GREAT.
Christina, you have made my family very happy! This is a good, homey soup! I didn't change much except for using lots of paprika. I added some cooked elbow noodles to the bowl before I ladled in the soup. Even my picky eater had seconds!