I don't know where I found this recipe but it is delicious. I usually double it and freeze half.
Make and share this Hamburger Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Brown meat and onions in pan, stirring with fork to break up meat. Drain grease well.
- Add all vegetables except finely cut cabbage.
- Add seasonings and meat to water in a large pot. Bring to boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add rice. Simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add cabbage, simmer another 45 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Serve with grated cheese. Tastes even better the next day.
I made this recipe on 2/27/13, and I'm so very sorry that I waited until now to rate this. Instead of cooking on top of the stove, my crockpot was used. As the burger meat and onions were browning, a bit of smoky seasoned salt was added. For the tomatoes,an undrained14.5 ounce can of tomatoes were used. The ingredients were added in this order,cabbage,rice,carrots,tomatoes,1 quart of water, and 5 bouillon cubes.Then the seasonings were mixed together and sprinkled over the mixture in the crockpot. I let it cook on low for 3 hours and then 3 hours on high. It turned out very thick and delicious. We both enjoyed it very much. Thank you for posting and " Keep Smiling :) "
very good i like my cabbage really cooked in soup so i added with rest of veggies and i didnt add as many beef boullion cubes because of salt factor for me it still worked thanks for posting dee