Recipe by keen5
This is really tasty! I love the addition of the sour cream and cream cheese. Mmmmmm! Prep time approximate. I got this recipe from Southern Living cookbook that I bought back in the 70's. It did not give number of servings, but I fed a family of 5 with a couple of them having seconds.
Top Review by angelak
This is my all-time, favorite casserole. I originally got the recipe, known to me as "Green Onion Casserole" from a woman I worked for. I added oregano to the tomato sauce, and replaced one can of sauce with diced tomatoes. Next time I will use italian flavored. I also made it light by using FF sour cream, light cream cheese, light cheddar cheese, and ground turkey breast for half of the beef.
- 29.58 ml butter
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 14.79 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 2 (453.59 g) can tomato sauce
- 226.79 g package noodles
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 85.04 g package cream cheese
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 118.29 ml shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first six ingredients and saute until meat is done.
- Add tomato sauce and simmer 20 minutes.
- Cook noodles according to pkg.
- Blend cream cheese and sour cream together; add scallions to cream cheese mixture.
- In a slightly greased casserole, place 1/3 of the noodles, then 1/3 of scallion mixture, then 1/3 of the meat sauce; continue this two more times.
- Top casserole with the shredded cheese and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.