This is really tasty! I love the addition of the sour cream and cream cheese. Mmmmmm! Prep time approximate. I got this recipe from Southern Living cookbook that I bought back in the 70's. It did not give number of servings, but I fed a family of 5 with a couple of them having seconds.
- Combine first six ingredients and saute until meat is done.
- Add tomato sauce and simmer 20 minutes.
- Cook noodles according to pkg.
- Blend cream cheese and sour cream together; add scallions to cream cheese mixture.
- In a slightly greased casserole, place 1/3 of the noodles, then 1/3 of scallion mixture, then 1/3 of the meat sauce; continue this two more times.
- Top casserole with the shredded cheese and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.