1/1 Photo of Hamburger Noodle Bake
1 hr 10 mins
This is my variation on "Grandma Dinner" served at my mom's house to her happy, hungry grandkids. It is homey, comforting fare... not gourmet, not too spicy, but quite satisfying when you're in the mood for a delicious ground beef casserole. Perfect with a hunk of crusty bread and a salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 226.79 g curly egg noodles
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 1 medium purple onion, chopped fine
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped fine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3.69 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 9.85 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 226.79 g can tomato sauce
- 411.06 g can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 29.58 ml water
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 44.37 ml chopped fresh basil (or 1 t. dried)
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 236.59 ml shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- chopped fresh parsley (to garnish) (optional)
- 1Cook and drain noodles according to package directions. Set aside.
- 2In a large skillet, brown ground beef, onion, red pepper and garlic over medium-high heat. Drain fat.
- 3To ground beef mixture in skillet, add salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, water, oregano, basil and chili powder. Stir to mix well.
- 4Add noodles to ground beef mixture. Mix.
- 5In buttered 9x13" baking dish, layer half of ground beef/noodle mixture.
- 6Sprinkle cheddar cheese over all evenly.
- 7Top with remaining ground beef/noodle mixture.
- 8Cover with foil. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hamburger Noodle Bake
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.2
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 75.6 mg
- Sodium 628.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 20.0 g