Hamburger Noodle Bake for Two
photo by teresas
- Ready In:
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄4 cup cream-style cottage cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove from the heat; stir in the tomato sauce, sugar, salt, garlic salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine the cottage cheese, cream cheese, green onion, green pepper and sour cream.
- Drain noodles; place half of noodles in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Spoon half of beef mixture over the top. Layer with cottage cheese mixture and remaining noodles. Top with remaining beef mixture; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Delicious! This is so like the recipe I used to make and loved but lost the recipe. The only thing I will be changing next time, and there will be a next time, is adding some Italian seasoning. That's the only thing missing. It made plenty for two...you could even get by on serving it to three. Thanks so much for posting this recipe. I'm so happy I found it. :)