Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
- 3 large potatoes, sliced
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 0.5 (16 ounce) packagefrozen beans (or other veggie)
- 3 medium onions, diced
- 1 lb cooked hamburger
- salt and pepper
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato juice
- Place vegetables in crock pot (layer in order).
- Season each layer with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add hamburger to vegetables in crock pot.
- Mix juice and soup and pour over hamburger.
- Cook covered on low for 6 hours or on high for 4 hours.
I added some beef base to the tomato juice to give more flavor.Was more of a stew than a casserole when done.Tasted good though,the broth was good for dipping bread.
We thought this was a great weeknight meal! Very simple and filling. Seemed more like a stew than a casserole, though. The only changes I made were using canned green beans instead of frozen and baby red potatoes with the skins on. Next time I think I'd add some oregano or Italian seasoning to give it a little more flavor. Overall, a great recipe! Thank you!