Recipe by DogAndCatDoc
This was a quick little invention when I didn't have much on hand. My husband is a meat and potatoes kind of guy...I try to sneak in veggies where I can. This hit the spot for both of us.
Top Review by MNJackie
We really enjoyed this. It was quick and easy. I also used two regular size soups, both cream of mushroom, but think next time I will try it with one cream of mushroom and one cream of celery, as that sounded good!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 large sweet onion
- 1⁄2 head green cabbage, diced medium
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 (26 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (family size)
- 1⁄3 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 3 large baking potatoes, skins on, cut in eighths
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown hamurger with onion and salt and pepper over medium high heat.
- When almost brown, add in cabbage and white ground pepper.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook until cabbage is wilted and soft.
- Add in soup and milk, stir until well combined.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium low and let simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While gravy is simmering, steam potatoes for 25-30 minutes, or until done.
- Serve gravy over fork-mashed potatoes.