Recipe by ChefDLH
This recipe is from Cooking with Paula Deen magazine Nov/Dec 2009. It is an accompaniment to Bacon Cheeseburger Soup Bacon Cheeseburger Soup ( Paula Deen ) I posted, also by Paula Deen. These delicious cheese toasts have a nice zip with the mustard and worcestershire sauce along with a hearty helping of cheese. They are perfect dunkers for soup especially the soup above as you feel like with the two it is a burger on a bun. Easy to make and fast to make. Fun looking and unique. Enjoy! ChefDLH
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic salt with parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter,mustard,and Worchestershire sauce.
- Spread mixture evenly over cut sides of buns.
- Place, cut sides up on the prepared baking sheet
- top each evenly with cheese.
- Sprinkle each evenly with garlic salt with parsley.
- Broil, 5 inches from heat, for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted and buns are golden brown.
- Serve immediately.