Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Oh this is sooo good. It smells heavenly and has that great mix of sweet and salty.
- 453.59 g ground pork
- 453.59 g ground cooked ham (I use leftover ham)
- 2 eggs
- 177.44 ml milk
- 158.51 ml crushed shredded wheat cereal
- 354.88 ml brown sugar, packed
- 158.51 ml water
- 78.07 ml vinegar
- 3.69 ml ground mustard
- In a bowl, combine the pork ham, eggs, milk and cereal. Mix well.
- Shape into 1-1/2 inch to 2 inch meatballs.
- Place in a greast 13x9 baking dish.
- In a saucepan, combine remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 4 minutes.
- Pour over meatballs.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350º for 60-70 minutes or until browned.
This was superb, beautiful blend of flavours and so quick to make! I served along with hokkien noodles and some stir-fried vegies and it would also go really well with rice or potato based sides as well. The only change I made to was to use a layer of baking paper rather than greasing the dish, I thought the caramelization of the sugar would make a mess of the dish and it did make the cleanup a lot easier.