Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I like to serve these to my children for after school snacks. They are also great as an appetizer. They are easily frozen and popped into the microwave for quick reheating.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Unroll dough into 4 long rectangles.
- Firmly press diagonal perforations to seal.
- Place ham slices on the rectangles.
- Spread on the mustard, sprinkle with cheese.
- Starting at the shortest side, roll up each rectangle, press and seal.
- Coat with sesame seeds.
- Cut each of the 4 rolls into 5 slices forming 20 slices.
- Place cut side down on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from cookie sheet.
- Serve them warm or let them cool and place them in the freezer for later.
- Yummy snack.
I've probably made 10 batches of these in the past month for various parties. We never have any left over to brink back home. I typically leave off the mustard and the sesame seeds. After trying several shredded cheeses (cheddar, swiss, velveeta), my family has determined that the sliced american cheese is their favorite, which is great for me because it is easier working with the sliced cheeses when rolling. I've also found that the rolls are much easier to slice if they are placed in the freezer for a few minutes. Each time I have made these I have attempted to slice them thinner and thinner so there will be more to go around, but it does take away from the ham and cheese flavor if they are sliced too thin. I would also suggest using a greased cookie sheet, the cheese really sticks to the pan.
I doubled the recipe and froze them ahead for a party. They were delicous!! I pulled them out of the oven after 11 minutes to slightly undercook them, so that when I took them out of the freezer to reheat them they wouldn't be in danger of over cooking. Very popular with adults and kids alike.
These came out great - the first batch stuck even though I sprayed the cookie sheet - with the second batch I used parchment paper and that solved the problem. Everyone keeps asking for these - they really are yummy !!!!