Recipe by Lisa in Acworth, GA
This recipe came from www.southernfood.about.com - it is a really tasty way to use up the leftver ham from the holidays. Very quick and easy!
Top Review by Treenickel
I didn't have the herbs or celery soup on hand, I substituted cream of chicken with herbs soup. We all thought this was good. It went together fairly quickly and the smell while it was cooking was absolutely Heavenly!! I would make it again.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crumbled dried marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crumbled dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 cup shredded American cheese or 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 2 cups diced cooked ham
- 2 cups cut asparagus spears, cooked and drained
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, combine cream of celery soup, milk, onion, marjoram, and rosemary; heat over medium heat just to boiling. Add cheese; stir until mixture is smooth and cheese is melted.
- In a lightly buttered 1 1/2 quart casserole, layer 1/3 of the dry stuffing mix; top with half of the ham, half of the asparagus, and half of the cheese sauce.
- Repeat layers. Mix remaining 1/3 of the stuffing mix with 1 tablespoon melted butter; sprinkle over top. Bake at 350° for 30 to 40 minutes, or until casserole is hot and bubbly.