Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A perfect dish to be served at luncheons, brunches, or cut these in half to serve as appetizers for your next cocktail party.
- 24 asparagus spears
- 6 English muffins, split and toasted
- 12 slices of cooked deli ham
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- Wash asparagus spears, find the point at the end of each stalk where it breaks easily, and snap off.
- Line up tips cut off ends even with broken stalk.
- Cut each spear in half.
- Set aside.
- Place muffin halves on a baking sheet, cut side up.
- Top each with a slice of ham and 4 pieces of asparagus.
- Combine Mayonnaise and mustard in a small mixing bowl stirring until well blended.
- Spoon mixture evenly over top of each sandwich.
- Broil 6 inches from heating element for 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese over each sandwich and broil just until cheese has melted.
- Serve immediately.
- Note these could also be cut in half and served as appetizers.