Grilled Open-Faced Asparagus Sandwich
- Ready In:
- Heat a grill or grill pan until very hot. Toss the asparagus spears in some olive oil. Grill the aspargus spears for about 5-8 minutes. Do not allow them to get too soft or they'll turn to mush!
- Lightly brush the bread slices with some olive oil and quickly grill on both sides until toasted but not dry or rock hard.
- Lay the asparagus spears generously on the bread then arrange the cheese slices on top.
- Place the sandwiches under the broiler just until the cheese melts.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Yum, yum, yum! Definitely a KEEPER and will be made often. I love asparagus and this makes the perfect supper for me after a long day at work! I grilled on my GF grill as I don't YET have a grill pan... and it worked great. Perfect is the best descriptor I can think of... tho I wonder if a thin slice of proscuitto or ham underneath the asparagus might make this sublime! Thanks CG! Great recipe!