Recipe by Lorac
A wonderfull combination of savory and sweet flavors. Serve with asparagus topped with lemon, butter and parmesan cheese or a green salad.
Top Review by Akikobay
This is a great recipe. I know this sounds odd, but we made it for brunch and had it (small portions) with some fresh fruit and scrambled eggs. It is very filling, but has a relatively modest amount of added fat or sugar (although it still has that salty-sweet thing going with the sweet potatoes and ham). I didn't have Tabasco sauce, but I did have some Busha Browne's Pepper Sherry that I substituted. I need to remember to press the ham mixture more firmly into the pie plate, it did fall apart quite a bit during serving, but I think it was my error. Next time I roast sweet potatoes, I'm making extra so that we can have this delicious pie! Thank you for posting this, it was a huge hit.
- 3 cups cooked ground ham
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons onions, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Combine ham, egg, milk, bread crumbs,onion and worcestershire sauce, blend thoroughly.
- Pat ham mixture into a 9" pie dish.
- Combine sweet potatoes with with melted butter mixed with hot sauce and spread over ham mixture.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar, dot with butter and bake 30 mins or until bubbly.