Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a very simple supper, good way to use leftover Holiday ham, this came from Crisco Cookbook. This is a 'soupy' version, not the pretty 'slice' type.
- 1 1⁄2 cups herb seasoned stuffing mix, crushed
- 1⁄3 cup Crisco shortening, melted
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups cubed low-sodium ham
- 1 cup canned peas
- 1⁄2 cup shredded American cheese (or your choosing)
- 1 (3 ounce) canchopped mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees, In a bowl, combine the stuffing mix, melted shortening, and water; set aside 1/2 cup of the mixture for the topping.
- Press remaining crumbs into a 9 inch pie plate. I use Pyrex. *Mixture will barely cover.
- In a saucepan, combine the soup and milk; add ham, peas, cheese, mushrooms, and onion.
- Heat through.
- Turn into the crumb shell. Place on foil-lined cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with the reserved 1/2 cup crumb mixture.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes.