Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I use my food processor to slice the potatoes and onion. The ham seasons the potatoes nicely. This smells great while cooking.
- 6 slices ham
- 8 medium potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cheese soup
- Spray crockpot with cooking spray.
- Put in crock 2 slices of ham, 1/3 of the potatoes, onion, garlic, and cheese.
- Sprinkle with pepper.
- Repeat layers to make 3 layers total.
- Spoon soup over top.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours, or until potatoes are tender.
My husband and I found this recipe to be really bland. The ham kind of lost its flavor during the cooking and the rest just didn't have a lot of flavor. I will not be making this again.
Delicious! Used the cream of celery soup and cubed left-over Christmas ham with had bits of orange zest. Gave it a really zing with every bite. Thanks for posting.
I followed this recipe to the letter and we didn't care much for it. Though it did smell great, it was salty and we didn't like the taste of the potatoes. Sorry. )o: