Recipe by Bobbie
One of my oldest recipes! I can't count the times I've made this. Now my daughter makes it regularly for her family. For some reason, this really appeals to kids who stick up their noses at one dish meals. It's quick, easy and delicious.
Top Review by Dawn to Dusk Cakes
This was a hit with the whole family! I added the ham to the rice to brown it a bit...then I added the broth and water. I also didn't bother putting it in the oven...I just finished it on the stove and added steamed broccoli cuts to it after it was cooked. (I kept all the same measurements).
- 3⁄4 cup long grain rice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 cups ham, cooked and cubed
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen cut green beans
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice and onion in oil until rice is lightly browned, stirring frequently.
- Add ham, beans, broth and ½ cup water. Heat to boiling.
- Turn into a 2 quart casserole. Cover and bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir just before serving.