Low-Fat Ham & Rice Casserole
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of celery soup
- 1 3⁄4 cups skim milk
- 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese
- 20 ounces frozen broccoli, cooked
- 2 cups instant rice
- 3 cups cooked ham, cubed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small skillet melt the margarine and saute the onion until tender.
- Combine the soups, milk and cheese.
- Add the broccoli, rice, ham and onion.
- Bake in a 9 x 13-inch covered casserole dish for 45 to 50 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This casserole is amazing! I've made many dishes quite similar to it, but this is by far the best! Just how good, you ask? My DH will not eat leftovers. Of anything. At all. I have no idea where this affliction came from, but it's been the norm since we first met long ago. He also considers food as a 'necessity', and he finds no pleasure in eating. I never know if he actually likes something I've prepared, or if he's just swallowing it simply for fuel purposes. I whipped up this casserole knowing I'd have leftovers for myself for the hectic week to come (hubby would just have to fend for himself), but to my surprise, DH had leftovers, TWO nights in a row. To top it off, he actually said (and I quote) "This is pretty good Hun." I about had a heart attack... Thank you for finally providing me with a recipe that my husband compliments!! FYI: I'm at high altitude, and I didn't change a thing in the recipe. Turned out fantastic!