Southern Ham & Rice Casserole
One of my oldest recipes! I can't count the times I've made this. Now my daughter makes it regularly for her family. For some reason, this really appeals to kids who stick up their noses at one dish meals. It's quick, easy and delicious.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 3⁄4 cup long grain rice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 cups ham, cooked and cubed
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen cut green beans
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- Cook rice and onion in oil until rice is lightly browned, stirring frequently.
- Add ham, beans, broth and ½ cup water. Heat to boiling.
- Turn into a 2 quart casserole. Cover and bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir just before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Yum, Yum, Yum. It doesn't get any better than this - Easy, Inexpensive, Nutritious & Totally Delicious. I didn't change a thing. (I almost wanted to add some rice before I put it in the oven as I didn't think it called for enough, but I am glad I didn't - It came out perfect!) I My whole family loved it.