Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I made this recipe up after a particular hunger craving for a hearty sandwich.
- 2 slices white bread
- 6 baby spinach leaves, stems removed
- 2 slices deli ham
- 1 ounce havarti cheese (1 slice)
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled
- 2 teaspoons light mayonnaise
- Slice onion in a few thin layers, sautee over med-high heat until browned.
- Toast bread to desired darkness in convection oven or toaster. Spread one side of bread with mayonnaise.
- Layer spinach leaves on top of mayonnaise, followed by the ham, onion, cheese, and bread.
Made for Spring PAC 2014 and followed the instructions completely...yummy! I served this with recipe#512447#512447 and we had a great lunch. Thank you for posting.
What a great sandwich. I did follow the ingredient list although afterwards thought that a nice multigrain bread would make this even better. My husband, however, loved the white bread. The lovely melting Havarti was scrumptious. I will be using this combo many more times. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for Veg n Swap 3.
A lovely simple to put together lunch, thanks!