Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Yummy breakfast or brunch for a crowd. Can kick it up a notch by adding hot sauce, onion, jalapenos-whatever you personally like!
- 6 cups frozen hash browns
- 2 cups cooked ham
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 1 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- salt & pepper
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- sprinkle dish with half the hash browns.
- layer on half ham, cheese, red peppers & mushrooms.
- repeat layering of remaining ham, cheese, red pepper & mushrooms.
- top w/ leftover hashbrowns.
- beat eggs, milk, cottage cheese, salt & pepper to taste w/ whisk.
- pour over dish.
- bake uncovered 45-50 minutes (til light brown and the center is set).
This is great for breakfast, lunch, or dinner! My mom made it for easter brunch and I thought it was good so I made it for dinner one night this week. The family loved it and so did I. I left out the peppers and used cheddar cheese also. Great leftover as well! Thanks for the recipe!
A very tasty dinner, very filling. Next time I will add a layer of onions also. I "skinnied" this up using turkey ham, egg beaters, and reduced fat swiss. Thanks!
Hearty breakfast or supper; used some roasted red pepper. Delicious! Adopted for Photo Swap #7.