Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
A delicious,Nutritious, breakfast or brunch. You can use roasted red peppers, or sauteed mushrooms in this for a change. Standing time before baking is included in prep time. standing time after baking is included in cooking time.
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 slices swiss cheese or 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 slices good quality black forest ham
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce (generous sprinkle, to taste)
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- Preheat .oven to 350°F.
- Put 0ne slice each of Cheese & ham on 4 slices of bread.
- top with remaining bread. (4 sandwiches).
- Butter both sides of sandwich.
- Using a serrated knife cut each sandwich into 12 cubes.
- Lightly pack 4 cubes into each of 12 greased muffin cups.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients.
- Spoon over cubes. Let stande 15 minute.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- After baked muffins have stood for 15 minutes remove from cups.
Made these for a football brunch this week end. Very tasty. thanks for sharing. I used leftover ham that I had. will make again.