An easy to make appetizer that is also a crowd pleaser. Both variations are popular.
Make and share this Ham and Cheese Pinwheels recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place wax paper on a clean work surface and open pizza crust onto the paper.
- Beginning at the center, roll dough out evenly in all directions to make a 14 x 12 inch rectangle.
- Sprinkle dough with cheese and basil (or parsley).
- Lay ham slices over cheese, end to end.
- Roll up dough tightly, beginning at a long end.
- Press seam to close.
- Pinch ends together to seal.
- Lay roll on foil-lined sheet, seam side down.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes until browned.
- Cool 5 minutes and cut into 1/2 to 3/4 inch slices,.
- Serve with honey mustard on the side.
- Note: For a recipe variation, use smoked ham and substitute Jalapeno-Jack cheese instead of the Swiss and cilantro instead of the basil. Serve with salsa on the side.