Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
An easy to make appetizer that is also a crowd pleaser. Both variations are popular.
Make and share this Ham and Cheese Pinwheels recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place wax paper on a clean work surface and open pizza crust onto the paper.
- Beginning at the center, roll dough out evenly in all directions to make a 14 x 12 inch rectangle.
- Sprinkle dough with cheese and basil (or parsley).
- Lay ham slices over cheese, end to end.
- Roll up dough tightly, beginning at a long end.
- Press seam to close.
- Pinch ends together to seal.
- Lay roll on foil-lined sheet, seam side down.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes until browned.
- Cool 5 minutes and cut into 1/2 to 3/4 inch slices,.
- Serve with honey mustard on the side.
- Note: For a recipe variation, use smoked ham and substitute Jalapeno-Jack cheese instead of the Swiss and cilantro instead of the basil. Serve with salsa on the side.
I made these for a birthday party and they were a hit! The only thing I did different was to spread the dough with honey mustard before rolling it up.
I made these yesterday and this receipe was my first test of a recipezaar recipe. I added my finely chopped fresh basil to the honey mustard and brushed it on the dough with a pastry brush. I do need to work on my rolling "technique" for a tighter roll. DH said they "were even good cold!". Thank you for a pleasant first experience with recipezaar!
We made this for a bridal shower appetizer and they were a hit! I cut the pizza dough in half widthwise, so they weren't so big, and we used sliced deli swiss instead of shredded cheese. Since I wasn't sure if everyone liked mustard, I brushed it with egg instead and also brushed the top to give it a golden brown color. They didn't cook as round as I would have hoped, and a few fell apart, but I think cutting them thicker would have helped!!!